Different types of items can affect credit scores in different ways but some types of negative reports can drop a credit score by more than 100 points. In some cases, credit reports contain more than one error and removing them drastically improves a credit score, enough to go from bad credit to excellent in some rare cases.
- How do I get false items removed from my credit report?
- Will a bankruptcy appearing on my credit report have a significant effect on my credit score?
- How do I get credit if I have a poor credit score and negative items on my credit report?
- Can a secured credit card lead to credit cards with low rates and high spending limits like the ones I had prior to bankruptcy?
- Is there a way to improve credit scores without removing items?