Foreclosure is a process. If you are available to make all of your back payments while staying financially solvent you should do so. If you can get your mortgage payment current without further assistance the foreclosure process will be immediately halt as soon as payments are current and any applicable late fee is paid.
- If I have past due payments on my mortgage or other long term loans are they still considered non-dischargeable?
- Can bankruptcy help me prevent foreclosure and keep my house?
- How do I save my home from foreclosure?
- Can refinancing stop a foreclosure?
- Is my house safe from foreclosure if I file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy?